- What is the advantage of instant messaging?
- What protocol is SMS?
- What is the etiquette required for messaging?
- What are the pros and cons of instant messaging?
- What’s the difference between instant messaging and texting?
- Does Outlook have instant messaging?
- How can you use instant messaging and texting safely on the job?
- What are the disadvantages of instant messaging?
- Can you get a virus from opening a messenger message?
- Is Messenger really private?
- Is SMS instant messaging?
- What is a disadvantage of text messaging?
- What is the purpose of SMS texting?
- What are the pros and cons of texting?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of text messages?
- What is disadvantage of chat?
- How can you prevent harm from instant messaging?
What is the advantage of instant messaging?
Unlike emails where you have to wait for messages to download from the server, use of instant messaging allows you to communicate with users in real time.
This is one of the main advantages of instant messaging communication for businesses..
What protocol is SMS?
Unlike many services in use today, such as MMS and other data driven services, SMS still works on the fundamental voice network, and is based on the big three GSM, CDMA and TDMA network technologies, making it a universal service. SMS allows for text messages of 160 characters (letters, numbers and symbols) in length.
What is the etiquette required for messaging?
Start with a short greeting. When starting a conversation with someone over IM, you should always say “hi” or “hello” and then check to make sure it’s a good time for them to chat. Otherwise, you may be interrupting them.
What are the pros and cons of instant messaging?
11. Instant messaging pros and consAdvantagesDisadvantagesAllows you to chat in ‘real time’ to other people who also have an IM client.As it is immediate, you have no time to reflect on the message you are sending, unlike an email where you can review the draft before sending.2 more rows
What’s the difference between instant messaging and texting?
Texting is a form of messaging that requires a cellular network and is typically limited to 160 characters. … Instant messaging allows you to communicate in real time through an application connected to the internet.
Does Outlook have instant messaging?
From Outlook, you can easily instant message your co-workers, make a call, send an e-mail, and simply enjoy the bells and whistles of the rich functionality of desktop apps. … Type your message in the bottom window and click Send.
How can you use instant messaging and texting safely on the job?
2) You can safely use instant messaging and texting on the job by:Strictly adhering to workplace safety policies, common sense, and local laws. Only use appropriate photos. Don’t say anything negative about the organization, peers or yourself. Avoid chit-chat and gossip.
What are the disadvantages of instant messaging?
The Disadvantages Of Instant Messaging For Business CommunicationsProductivity issues with instant messengers. … Security issues with instant messengers. … Ineffective tool for mass communication. … Problematic system for archiving. … Cannot be controlled by management.
Can you get a virus from opening a messenger message?
The compromised accounts spread malware via Facebook Messenger. The virus can easily infect your computer with the help of an infected message that shows up on person-to-person chat. … Once a person clicks on the infected link, the virus enters the system.
Is Messenger really private?
“A secret conversation in Messenger is end-to-end encrypted and intended just for you and the person you’re talking to,” Facebook says, implying that messages which are not “secret” risk being accessed by more than “just you and the person you’re talking to.”
Is SMS instant messaging?
Instant messaging works differently. Messages are sent over the ‘net and through the servers of whichever company runs the service. As such, you just need an Internet connection to communicate, whereas with SMS your device needs to be connected to a cellular network.
What is a disadvantage of text messaging?
disadvantages of text message/sms. – not usually possible to know if a message has arrived or been read. – sending pictures is slow and of low quality. – the amount of text is limited.
What is the purpose of SMS texting?
SMS (short message service) is a text messaging service component of most telephone, Internet, and mobile device systems. It uses standardized communication protocols to enable mobile devices to exchange short text messages. An intermediary service can facilitate a text-to-voice conversion to be sent to landlines.
What are the pros and cons of texting?
Texting Pros and ConsIt’s fast and high-priority. What’s quicker than sending a text? … It’s mobile and available without WiFi. … It gets read. … It’s concise. … It’s timeless. … It’s conversational. … It’s not meant for long-form communication. … It’s long-form.More items…•
What are the advantages and disadvantages of text messages?
9. SMS Pros and ConsAdvantagesDisadvantagesCan save time sending a message rather than interrupting someone with a phone callNeeds basic typing skillsGood for informal messagesCan take some time to compile a message if you are not familiar with text speak shortcuts4 more rows
What is disadvantage of chat?
Chatting on the internet is – let’s face it time consuming. So, especially if you are too caught up in the conversation, you might lose track of time. You can end up talking for longer than you wanted to and other tasks get negatively impacted. Hearing the ‘tone’ of voice is difficult on a chat app.
How can you prevent harm from instant messaging?
Use Instant Messaging Safely Never give out passwords, credit card information or other private data. Block strangers. If your software allows it, set up the system so that only people on your ‘allow’ list can contact you. Be very wary of disclosing any private information to a stranger you meet via instant messaging.